In this blog from Essential Dental Of Roslyn, we explain the benefits of offering laser dentistry.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
For decades, laser dentistry has been used for both restorative and cosmetic purposes in dentistry. Dental lasers work by emitting light energy, which can be used to provide accuracy and precision when contouring gums, biopsying oral tissues, removing tooth decay, and killing bacteria in root canals. Additionally, lasers can even be used for elective procedures such as quickening in-office tooth whitening.
When it comes to utilizing lasers, many dental providers choose laser dentistry technology because dental lasers are a great asset. With laser dentistry, you can expect decreased discomfort and a reduced healing time as a patient. When treatments are conducted via soft tissue lasers, patients are less likely to require stitches.
An enormous benefit is that laser therapy causes less harm to the gums, teeth, and neighboring areas. This permits patients to heal faster, and the entire treatment and healing process is generally much quicker. Patients also experience less blood loss compared to conventional surgery.
What Is The WaterLase Laser System?
Essential Dental Of Roslyn is proud to offer the WaterLase dentistry system, which is one of the most advanced dental technologies today. WaterLase uses a patented technology that combines focused light energy with a stream of water for a highly precise, exceptionally gentle dental experience.
By utilizing laser energy and a gentle spray of water, the WaterLase Laser System can be used to perform a wide range of dental procedures without the heat, vibration and pressure associated with the dental drill. With many procedures, it’s possible to use less anesthetic, or no anesthetic at all. If you’d rather avoid anesthesia injections with a needle or treatment with a dental drill, be sure to ask if WaterLase dentistry is right for you.
Treatments With The WaterLaser Dentistry System
- Tooth decay can be treated with lasers which are used to remove the decay and prepare the enamel for the filling. A WaterLase dentist can remove decay far more precisely than the drill. This saves more of the healthy parts of your tooth and avoids micro-fractures that the friction of a drill can cause. Saving your natural teeth can save you the discomfort and cost of bridges, dentures and implants. Even better, studies show people with natural teeth live longer.
- Dental lasers are incredibly useful for treating the gums and other soft tissues in your mouth. During a root canal procedure, the WaterLase system can reshape gums and remove bacteria. The laser is also useful for biopsies or lesion removal. Other soft tissue treatments include eliminating any growths or extra tissue in your mouth, including gum tissue above a tooth that hasn’t erupted, papilla, and growths known as fibromas. WaterLaser can also be used to “release” any connections that restrict the movement of the tongue.
- Lasers can be used to relieve the pain of irritating canker sores.
- Laser dentistry can be used for cosmetic purposes during a Smile Makeover. If you want to improve the appearance of a “gummy” smile, WaterLase can safely remove any excess gum tissue.
- With laser technology, a WaterLase dentist can perform multiple procedures in a single visit. With the WaterLaser system, there is no need to make an additional trip to a specialist, saving you even more time.
Essential Dental Of Roslyn Is The Right Choice
For your dentist’s appointment, you couldn’t ask to be in better hands than with Dr. Krasnyansky. Dr. Krasnyansky, also known as Dr. K., is a passionate dentist who is always prepared to provide the highest quality of care to her patients. She sees her role in the community as an opportunity to improve the health and appearance of her patients’ smiles, as well as to educate the public on how to remain healthy and free from dental diseases. Her desire to help people smile again was the driving force that pushed her to pursue a career in dentistry.
Whether it’s time for your twice-a-year dentist’s check-up, or if you wonder how you could benefit from certain dentistry treatments, call the experts at Essential Dental Of Roslyn. At Essential Dental Of Roslyn, we are glad to treat patients from Roslyn Heights, East Hills, and the surrounding neighborhoods with general, family, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry as well as specialized beauty treatments. Call us at 516-621-2430 to learn about our services today.